So what is it exactly like to be your own Real Estate Agent? There are many factors that go into marketing, showing, and successfully completing a Real Estate transaction in Western New York that you may not be familiar with.
If you act on your own in Western New York, you will eventually discover the process is involved and full of potential pitfalls. It might be best to investigate the questions and answers before you commit to the journey.
Ask your self these questions and only you will know if selling your home by yourself is something that you want to take on:
- What will a Home Inspector find when the house is inspected?
- Do you feel confident that your home is staged properly?
- Are you ready to hold open houses on many Sundays?
- What are your showing instructions for the home?
- Are you ready to show your home on a moment’s notice?
- Are you prepared to cope with prospective buyers’ criticism?
- If a Buyer’s Agent shows your home, what will your compensation to them be if they bring in a buyer?
- Are you aware of the legal forms and contracts you need?
- Do you know what property disclosures are legally necessary?
- How will you deal with contingent offers?
- Is your mortgage assumable? If so, what are the terms and interest rate.
- In the offer-to-purchase, what protections are to be put in place?
- Do you know where advertising is effective? Do you plan on putting it on the Internet?
- How are you going to handle security of your home?
- Do you know if prospective buyers are qualified to purchase your home? How will you qualify these buyers?
- How will you determine if the Buyer is financially qualified?
- How much earnest money will you require? Where will that money be held?
- Have you an attorney? What things does that attorney advise you to do?
- How will you handle the request for buyers request for concessions?
- Have you a time frame in mind before you have to sell?
You put yourself at a distinct disadvantage by not contemplating these questions before you list your home. If you do list your home you are committing yourself and your family to an involved and time consuming process. Be ready!
What About One Of These Homes?
All statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®.
For more information, call our J. Philip Real Estate Team at (716) 650-0051
Thinking of selling your Western New York home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call us at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home.
Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2016 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.