Buying or selling your Western New York home means that you will have to move at some point. Here are a few things that you can do to make the process less daunting…
- Purge all unnecessary items in your home! Get rid of things that you no longer need
- Have a garage sale or yard sale or call Goodwill or Salvation Army to pick up your unwanted household items
- Use smaller boxes, they are easier to store and handle and start packing items that you do not need right away.
- Use whole page labels and each time you pack a box, write what is in the box — you never know when it will help you find that missing item.
- Invest in a dozen or so sharpie pens to help in the labeling process.
- Make a Open First Box and have such items to make your first day easier. Have it packed and in your car. If you have the property before your moving day, have these items at the new home. It will make a huge difference in your moving experience.
Items to have in the Open First Box:
- Roll of Toilet Paper for each bathroom
- Light bulbs
- Extra batteries
- garbage bags
- Antibacterial liquid soap for each bathroom and kitchen
- Roll of paper towels
- Dishwasher detergent
- Your favorite pain reliever, antacids and eye drops
- First Aid Kit
- Hand held can opener, bottle opener
- Paper Plates, plastic silverware and paper cups
- A set of bath towels for each member of the family
- Clean set of sheets for each bed
- bottled water, snacks
- Ice cube tray (in case you need to make ice)
- If you have a pet, items for them
What About One Of These Homes?
All statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®.
For more information, call our J. Philip Real Estate Team at (716) 650-0051
Thinking of selling your Western New York home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call us at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home.
Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2016 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.