But it won’t sell for more than what a buyer is willing to pay!
There are not a lot of people out there that will pay more than the appraised value of a home and if they do they will have to purchase all cash. Main reason — there isn’t an appraiser out there that won’t take into consideration the pricing of recent sales. Your home will have to be (fill-in-the-blank) to warrant them over paying for your home.
Newsflash — there are not a lot of cash buyers out there!
Even without a loan, an all-cash buyer will not pay more for your house than the market value. So your listing price will have to be in line with current sales and able to appraise by a bank.
Now that we have established that you may need to realistic in your pricing how can you do this?
- Price your home in line with other homes for sale in your area – if your home has been on the market longer than the average closed sale; you need a price adjustment.
- Look very closely at recent sales and see what features they had that you do not
- Instead of lowering the price, see if you should stage your home, upgrade flooring or paint wall in neutral tones
- Make sure that your home is easy to show and very few restrictions on showings
- Make sure that you are in line with other listings that compensate the Buyers Agent
- The Internet is not a magic bullet in getting your home sold, it is important to have your home ranking on the search engines — where home buyers are looking to find homes for sale
- Make sure that your listing agent is sharing your listing via IDX to all other agents.
- Don’t list with the agent that tells you what you want to hear that your home is (fill-in-the-blank) and worth so much it might not be in your best interest
How About One Of These Homes?
All Statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®.
For more information – call our J. Philip Real Estate Team at:
Thinking of selling your Western New York home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call us at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home.
Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2016 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.